- Sessions run weekly from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, June to August (see application for specific dates and prices).
- Extended care is available from 8:00-9:30 a.m. and/or 4:30-5:30 p.m. at an additional cost of $10 per child per day.
- Each week features different themes.
- Each day, campers not only do an animal or environmental activity, but also do a craft and game that complement the daily theme.
Week 1 – June 10-14:
Zebra, Budgie, Skink, Tools of the Trade, North America
Week 2 – June 17-21:
Sloth, Lory, Snake, Chimp Keeper, Amphibians
Week 3 – June 24-28:
Camel, Cockatoo, Tortoise, Animal Trainer, Rocks and Minerals
Week 4 – July 1-5:
Rhino, Crane, Alligator, Reptile Keeper, Rainforest
Week 5 – July 8-12:
Antelope, Amazon, Skink, Vet, Africa
Week 6 – July 15-19:
Monkey, Ostrich, Python, Animal Theatre, Fish
Week 7 – July 22-26:
Apes, Flamingo, Tortoise, Petting Zoo Keeper, Insects
Week 8 – July 29-August 2:
Giraffe, Pelican, Iguana, Bird Keeper, Desert
Week 9 – August 5-9:
Lion, Macaw, Alligator, Commissary, Horticulture
The themes for each weekly session are listed on page 2 of the application packet: one day is a mammal day, one a bird day, one a reptile day, one a zoo keeper day, and one a nature/conservation day; and all of these change each week. For instance, one week the mammal will be chimps, another week lions, etc. The animal program depends upon the daily theme. For alligators and giraffes, for example, campers get to help feed the animals in addition to the keeper talk. For primates and parrots, campers learn the importance of enrichments and help to prepare the animals’ daily enrichment.
So, it is educational as well as fun, and campers get to do behind-the-scenes activities that regular visitors do not get the opportunity to do. And we have swimming for one hour per day per group (weather permitting) at our KOA pool, plus Safari Splash area, mini golf, paddleboats, Ferris Wheel, carousel, petting zoo, etc. All activities take place on our property.
Certified lifeguards are on duty at all times the campers are in the pool, and all of our staff is CPR and First Aid certified as part of our week-long orientation process prior to the start of camp each year. Our camp counselors are all adults with previous teaching and/or camp counseling experience. We have a maximum of 12 campers per counselor in each group. Whenever there is an animal activity, more adults are present.
Our camp fee includes:
- All lunches, snacks, T-shirt, Water bottle, baseball cap, crafts, daily admission, and souvenir photo. There are no additional registration fees.
- Please see the application for the rates for camp this year. We offer a $15 per week discount to campers with a current Annual Pass.
- Each Camper needs his/her own Annual Pass to receive the discount. These photo ID passes may be purchased at Lion Country Safari from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily. Click Here to purchase an annual pass online, from our webstore.