April 17th & 18th
(Friday and Saturday)
Party for the planet
with staff art show
- Noon- 4:00 pm
- Free crafts
- Fun Game
- Vote for your favorite staff art and help conservation!
May 16th – Endangered Species day
Animals receive enrichments on Saturday and Sunday throughout the day, both days
Activities on Preserve:
- 9:30: Aldabra Tortoise & Brown Pelican feeding (Las Pampas)
- 9:40: Scimitar-horned oryx feeding (Kalahari)
- 9:50: African lion release & enrichment (Gorongosa)
- 10:00: Kulan and blackbuck feeding & enrichment (Gir Forest)
- 10:20: Rhino release & enrichment (Hwange)
- 10:45: Chimpanzee island shift and enrichment (Hwange)
- 11:00 Giraffe enrichment (Hwange)
Activities in Safari World:
- 11:15: Siamang enrichment
- 11:30: Sarus crane feeding
- Noon – 2:00: Education Station: game and craft
Bowling for rhinos – Friday May 22nd
Bowling starts at 7-9 pm at Palm beach Strike Zone – Pricing tba – Public invited!
June 6th –
World Ocean Day
- Free scavenger hunt at Education Station
- Free crafts and game near the Education Station
- Take part in a conservation project in the Nature Walk
- We are all linked to the ocean! By taking care of your backyard, you are acting as a caretaker of our oceans.
October 31st – Halloween
- Animals get special Halloween enrichments
- Costume contest
December 17th – Christmas with the Chimps
- For 31 years, Santa Claus has visited man’s closest relative at Lion Country Safari’s chimp islands, bearing wrapped gifts for the chimps.
- This is the only opportunity where guests can exit their vehicles in the preserve.
- 10:30 am: Santa brings presents to chimps
- Noon-2:00 pm: free coloring sheet at the Education Station
- Visit our gift shop’s chimp-themed items
- Animals receive presents December 19-25 (from the keepers).
- Christmas meal available to purchase in our restaurant on December 25 while supplies last.