Lion Country Safari is looking to hire a Full Time Project Manager. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, excellent problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, and a background in, construction, or related fields. Experience in Zoos, Theme parks, or Entertainment venues is a plus.
The primary job functions of this position will include: Planning and providing management and oversite for assigned construction projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply and ensure compliance with company and departmental procedures, rules, policies and regulations
- Ensure the CEO and in his absence the Managing Director is kept up to date on all project updates and productivity levels
- Develop a cost-effective plan and schedule for assigned projects
- Coordinate the work of contractors and subcontractors working on various phases of a project
- Review architectural, engineering, and planning drawings and work to make sure all specifications and requirements are being followed
- Develop construction contracts for projects
- Execute capital outlay projects approved by the CEO. If outside contractors are involved, obtains bids and monitors and controls the work product
- Obtains permits and approvals where required
- Manage onsite schedule and timelines
- Assist other departments with construction projects, as required
- Monitor all construction expenditures against the project budget and report findings
- Acts as a liaison with all local, county, regional, and state governments and agencies relative to permits, licenses and processes
- Ensure all areas where work or construction is underway are properly secured to prevent accidents to guests and employees
- Degree in Construction Management preferred
- Eighteen years or older
- Reliable transportation
- Five to ten years of supervisory experience in construction or related fields. Managerial experience may be substituted for experience.
- Proficient with email, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Must maintain positive working relationship with contractors, supervisors, and Lion Country Safari personnel
- Possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong organizational and coordinating abilities
- Pass a drug screen and background check
- Safety is our highest priority and safety procedures/guidelines must always be adhered to
- Reliability, punctuality, and attendance are extremely important to the success of the operations in general as well as contributing to an overall positive team atmosphere
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Valid FL Driver’s License
- Ability to work well independently and on a team
- Good work ethic, positive attitude, and professionalism
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements
- Insurance coverage (medical, dental, and life)
- Paid time off
- Performance based increase and review after first 90 days
- Annual reviews
- 40% off lunch at the restaurant
- 40% off all retail shops
- Free tickets to Lion Country Safari
- Tickets to participating attractions throughout Florida and discounts for family members
- Free uniforms
Be a leader in animal care, conservation and education to inspire people through connections with wildlife in a fun, family-friendly environment.
About Lion Country Safari
Lion Country Safari opened in 1967 and was developed with the goal of bringing the African safari experience (then, and now, an expensive and time-consuming trip) to families who would otherwise not be able to experience this type of adventure. The park prides itself on caring for large social groups of animals (including some of the largest herds of zebra, giraffe, and rhino on record in North America) in wide open, natural habitats. The animals roam these multi-acre preserves while guests are confined to their vehicles. The resulting experience is immersive and allows for a very natural environment for guests to see and connect with some of the world's most iconic species. A visit to Lion Country Safari brings people closer to wildlife in this unique setting and supports conservation efforts to save species. Lion Country Safari is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums, the gold standard in animal care, conservation, and education, and is Palm Beach County’s largest attraction.
How to Apply
Edit your job posting
Submitting your job posting...